Foreign property ownership in NZ

It is often reported and a common fear, that foreign buyers are buying up huge swathes of New Zealand properties. A report by the New Zealand Institute of Economic Research (nzier.org.nz) dispels the idea that it is foreign owners who are buying up residential properties in New Zealand and driving prices higher. From their research, they estimate that foreign cash buyers account for only 8% of all annual transactions. Of the remaining 92%, 45% of purchases are from property investors, 28% people moving to a new home and 19% are first home buyers. So is it in fact the demand from property investors that could be helping accelerate the increase in property prices? Home ownership continues to f

The Independent and Local Selwyn District Specialists - Selwyn Property Management

We are proud to service the Selwyn District, one of the fastest growing regions in New Zealand. From the 2013 census, over, 44,000 people now live in the Selwyn District, up 33% from the 2006 census. And for the year ending June 2014, 2790 new building consents were issued in the region, an increase of 49% on the year prior and approximately 260% up on 2 years ago! Selwyn Property Management is totally independent, not affiliated with any real estate company and are the Selwyn District Specialists. There are several other property management companies operating in the region, however most of these are Christchurch based real estate agents. Our flat rate management fee of 7.5 +GST covers all

Would your pet be better off living overseas?

Let's face it, renting just isn't the same as owning your own home, even for your dog, your cat or your budgie. In New Zealand, where 69% of households own at least one pet, it can often be difficult finding a rental property that will allow you to have pets. Interestingly, compared with many other countries, Australia and New Zealand actually have some of the most restrictive rules around for tenants (and pets). In Germany, tenants are entitled to pet ownership at their property as of right, while in the USA, Australia and NZ, this is only with the landlords written consent. Another key difference is the typical lease term. In New Zealand this is 6-12 months, while in countries such as Ger

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • LinkedIn App Icon
  • Google+ Basic Square

Selwyn Property Management Ltd

Book your free rental appraisal

Lincoln Property Manager

Christchurch Property Management

10C Chaucer St

Rolleston 7614

 

(Located in the block of shops adjacent to the

Rolleston Fire Station)

PO Box 38, Rolleston 7643, Christchurch

 

T:  +64 3 347 0535

F:  +64 3 357 9994

enquiries@selwynproperty.co.nz

 

Operating throughout the following areas:

 

Riccarton

Rolleston

West Melton

Hei Hei

Hornby

 

Prebbleton

Lincoln

Darfield

Halswell

Dunsandel

 

Dunsandel

Springston

Leeston

Kirwee

Yaldhurst

 

 

Burnham

Templeton

Doyleston

Southbridge

Wigram

Connect with us

  • Facebook Clean
  • LinkedIn Clean
  • Pinterest - White Circle
tenancy1.png

Web design and development by christchurchconsulting.co.nz

© Copyright 2020  Selwyn Property Management Ltd.